Submit a 5- to 8-page paper that addresses the following:
The social problem/issue
- Identify a social problem/issue you would like to address.
- Describe the context—historical and/or contemporary—of society’s perception and approach to this social problem/issue.
- What current research (including facts and statistics) supports the need to address the social problem/issue?
- Identify a specific policy that addresses the selected social problem/issue.
- Describe the historical context of the policy.
- Briefly provide enough detail about the social, economic, and political circumstances that inspired action.
- Include reputable references/resources to support current updates, implementation, and/or changes related to the policy.
The population and programs
- Identify the population served by the policy.
- What qualifies a client for inclusion in the policy?
- What successful or widely accepted programs have come out of the policy?
- What role(s) do social workers play in the success of the program?
- Does the policy work in practice as intended? Why or why not?
- Does the policy achieve its goals?
- Does the policy contribute to social justice? How? If not, explain how or why it does not contribute to social justice.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the policy.
- Explain how you would go about improving the policy.
• You must reference a minimum of eight scholarly references, which may include electronic government documents and reputable websites.
• Your reference list should appear on a separate page, and it is not included in the 5- to 8-page requirement.