For this assignment, you must download and use NetSpot (a free wireless network analyzing tool) to examine your local wireless networks.
1. Download and install the version of NetSpot that supports your computer’s operating system. The link is provided in the
2. Start the NetSpot tool and then answer the following questions in a paper:
a. How many wireless network SSID’s are present? (Take a screenshot.)
b. Which networks are the most secure, and why?
c. Which networks have the best signal to noise ratio?
d. Which network has the highest signal percentage? What is its noise percentage?
e. Which network has the highest noise percentage? What is its signal percentage?
3. Select the Details button for one of the wireless network SSIDs. A graph will start to populate with data. Let the graph
populate for 5 to 10 minutes. Take a screenshot and answer the following question: What was the peak signal level in dB?
4. Select the 2.4Ghz tab. Take a screenshot and answer the following questions: Which channels provide the best signal? Why?
5. Select the 5Ghz tab. Take a screenshot and answer the following questions: If there are any radios transmitting in the 5Ghz
range, which channels provide the best signal? Why?
6. Select the Survey button. Select the co-working space under the “recent projects”. A signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) diagram
should display. Take a screenshot and answer the following questions:
a. Which colors show the worst SNR?
b. Which colors show the best SNR?
7. Select the troubleshooting option. Take a screenshot and answer the following questions:
a. Are there areas that may have connectivity issues? Why?
b. How would you fix any issues that may exist?
Length: 5–7 page technical paper with supporting screenshots. These screenshots must reflect your own work and may not be images taken from external sources.