GB570M3-3:Investigate the impact of globalization on the value chain.
Instructions: Apply the 21 elements from the contemporary value chain model, plus additional decision-making factors (all listed below), to evaluate the impact of globalization on a value chain.
Checklist: Address all the items below:
- Write an APA formatted minimum 4-page paper, exclusive of the title and references pages.
- Choose and describe a company operating solely in the United States of America (USA) that might be ready to expand globally. Explain what type of global expansion is being considered.
- Assume you are the CEO and the ultimate decision-maker of this USA company. You are confident your current domestic value chain is solid, but you are concerned about the impact on your value chain if you expand to another country or country. Identify what will need to be changed or modified in your company’s value chain prior to the expansion by examining all 21 contemporary value chain model elements. When addressing what changes will be needed for each of the 21 elements, describe what decisions may need to be made, by whom, for what reason, and how the elements are interrelated.
21 Value Chain Elements
- Competitive advantage
- Corporate social responsibility
- Customer need
- External resources
- Idea generation
- Information management
- People – human resources
- People – customers
- People – shareholders
- Political (external)
- Political (internal)
- Product development
- Supply chain management
- Technological considerations
4. Use at least 4 separate applied and cited references.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University’s Code of Student Conduct, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
Strict APA 7 and NO PLAGIARISM