1. Discuss the purpose of rules and evolution of rules of evidence, sources of law, the adversarial judicial process, and distinctions between civil and criminal litigation.
2. Explain/define key terms of the Federal Rules of Evidence.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of how the rules of evidence operate in a civil and criminal trials.
4. Discuss policy objectives served by the various rules of evidence and the associated implications.
5. Analyze hypothetical fact patterns, identify evidentiary issues, and apply the appropriate rules of evidence.