Disease/Microbe Report Rubric Disease Report = 60 points
• Everyone will write a short paper on a microbe chosen from the class list (or requested).
• You can write up a basic paper detailing the microbe/disease/treatment/prevention
• I choose the topic Chlamydia trachomatis Requirements:
– Times New Roman size 12 o Double-spaced
– Margins must be 1” on all sides
– Only use third person (no I, you, we)
– Do not use contractions
– No bullet point lists
– Heading may only include your name and the title of the report
– 3 pages of content (to the very last line available)
– Page length does NOT include title of the report or headings
– No more than 6 pages of content
– Plagiarism will result in a zero.
– You must use correct binomial nomenclature for microbes. (Bacillus subtilis or B. subtilis)
– 5+ references cited within the content
– You must cite paraphrasing.
– No stand-alone sentence quotes. Quoting must be incorporated into a sentence and cited.
– You may use your textbook/lab manual/Mastering Microbiology as a reference
– Online references: CDC, WHO, NIH, etc
– Example of a bad online reference: http://zapatopi.net/treeoctopus/
– Example of a good online reference: http://www.cdc.gov/zika/ o Resource for citations and writing
– On a separate page from content o Does NOT count towards the page requirement o Must include all references cited within the content
– Use MLA