Natural Science and Technology Didactics
Assignment 4 (Assessment tools) Compile three assessment tools on three different CAPS strands of NS and Tech. for a Grade 4 class. You should have one assessment for each strand. You should have three different types of assessments – one of which must be a test (20 marks, with Memorandum and marking rubric.)
# These assessments should:
- Meet the assessment requirements of CAPS grade 4.
- Cover the third aim of the CAPS curriculum (understanding practical uses of NS and Tech. in society and the environment)
- Be accompanied by an explanation of how the assessments would be administered and what content knowledge or skills are being assessed.
- You should also explain the context of your class i.e. what resources have been made available to learners and what experience they have had in developing scientific enquiry skills.
- Include the resources required in setting the assessments, the actual assessment tool (e.g. project brief, test paper, oral brief etc.),
- the time allowed for the completion of the assessment and evaluation rubrics and memorandums where necessary.
- Use in-text referencing appropriately and
- Include a final reference list.
– Strands: Life & Living, Matter & Materials, Energy & Charge, Planet Earth & Beyond.
– Types of assessment: Formal-, Informal-, formative- or summative assessment.(e.g. Projects, investigation or practical task)
– Usefull website:
- http://wced.pgwc.gov.za/documents/CAPS/lgsp.html#IntermediatePhase/IP-NSci-eng.pdf*e-inf.html 5. http://e-classroom.co.za/
- Assessment 1 – relevance to CAPS, grade-appropriate, assesses the intended skills/knowledge, realistic i.e. time and resources required (Covers Specific Aim 3 of CAPS curriculum)
- Assessment 2 – relevance to CAPS, grade-appropriate, assesses the 5 intended skills/knowledge, realistic i.e. time and resources required
- Assessment 3 – relevance to CAPS, grade-appropriate, assesses the intended skills/knowledge, realistic i.e. time and resources required
- Creativity and promotion of learner engagement
PLEASE ADD REFERENCE LIST AND IN TEXT REFERENCING
USE HARVARD REFERENCING TECNIQUE
USE AT LEAST 4 REFERENCES