(suggested around 5-10% of assignment words) Your introduction should inform the reader what the assignment will do –
• Briefly identify the CYP and the context of the environment
• Outline the key complex management intervention that will be analysed – and the keys arguments discussed in the assignment
• Maybe include a statement, with evidence, to set the context around one of the key issues, or in relation to complex care coordination….
• Include the NMC confidentiality clause – and any pseudonyms used
Justify complexity of health & social care issues
(suggested around 20% of assignment words) This section of the case study will now link specifically to the CYP case chosen.
• Demonstrate an understanding of their health condition, and any other health or social care needs – and if they relate in any way
• Justify the complexity of the situation
Next choose one management intervention that related to this episode of care – for example:
• A case conference or review
• This could be a CYP with a physical health problem like diabetes but also a mental health issue; a CYP with asthma and a housing issue; or a CYP with epilepsy but there is language barrier
• A deterioration in a CYP’s condition meaning an acute episode
• A patient requiring intensive interventions in primary or secondary care
• A patient requiring discharge planning with complex health & social care needs
• A patient requiring transfer to tertiary services
• A young person with long term health condition transitioning to adult services
This list is not exhaustive!
Analysis of the intervention
(suggested around 60% of assignment words)
This is a key section of the assignment – here you will make a judgement about the ‘management’ intervention – (this is as in care management intervention)
• Analyse the roles & responsibilities of the other care professionals in this complex case management and coordination of care
• Explore the role of the nurse in the intervention
• Consider areas such as – communication, teamworking, leadership, partnership working, inter-agency team working – and support this analysis with evidence
• Consider the CYP and family in this intervention – were their thoughts & wishes obtained, considered & integrated into the plan of care??
• Evaluate the complex management intervention – was it effective? Were any guidelines followed? Was risk management considered?
(suggested around 5-10% of assignment words) This is a brief summary of the key components of the case study content.
Do not include any new evidence.