select a topic from the following choices:
- Human stem cells
- Genetically modified foods
- Zoos and wildlife parks (conservation of species)
- Use of vaccinations
- Designer babies
Consult resources other than your reading assignments. Examples of resources include textbooks, journal articles, and reputable websites. Reputable online sources include encyclopedias and university or government websites. Never use Wikipedia as a source for a research paper.
Prepare a detailed report on the topic you choose, including these elements:
- Describe the background and basic issue of your chosen topic.
- Describe the basic argument of opposing viewpoints.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of both views.
- Choose which view you agree with (only in the conclusion).
- Explain why you agree with that view.