Description: In this exercise, you will identify the different personality traits and research methods available by assessing your personality.
STEP 1: Assess
– Take at least two of the personality tests mentioned below:
Big Five personality test: http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/
Kiersey Temperament Sorter: https://www.keirsey.com/ (This test is very similar to the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.)
Another Myers-Briggs type test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp
Cattell’s 16PF questionnaire: http://personality-testing.info/tests/16PF.php
A basic version of the color personality test: http://www.colorcode.com/choose_personality_test/
Step 2: Analyze Your Results
– Compare and contrast the two assessments you completed. Discuss the results with at least one other person who knows you (preferably someone who knows you well) and decide if you believe the results accurately describe who you are.
Step 3. Write and Reflect
– Write a summary of the results of the personality test and discuss whether or not you agree with them. Be sure to address the following in your paper:
– The two assessments you selected and why
– The results from each of the assessments
– Your analysis of the results and whether you believe the two tests (or personality assessments in general) to be accurate
– The connection between the two assessments and personality theories as discussed in the text
– The pros and cons of personality assessment and whether they are overall advantageous
Be sure to include references & in text citations!